System Admin / Team Lead, Hewlett Packard
Oregon / Colorado / Utah, 2012-Present
- Configuring and Administering multiple Jira, Chef, Splunk and Zabbix enterprise Linux servers in the AWS cloud and internal data center. Leading projects to assess new tools and implement them, customizing or scripting solutions as needed. Ensuring security and uptime through high availability systems, implementing solutions and monitoring.
- Working with teams or independently to meet client’s needs and integrate them into our web tools and services. Supporting and training teams in person and remotely, as well as producing written documentation and video training. Involved in the licensing and budgeting processes, and reporting partner usage.
- Leading the software tools team to resolve challenges, work together and provide consistency of service and effectiveness. Interviewing potential candidates for our team. Working closely with the NOC and BizOps, to help them have information and tools they need, for support and reports.
- Ensuring the security, monitoring and high availability of our systems, and working with hundreds of clients, many of whom were working remotely, to integrate them into our services.
Senior Systems Engineer, PayPal / eBay
- Led the installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and management of thousands of Redhat and Solaris servers for eBay (including Paypal) in a very large data center.
- Supporting servers locally and remotely, and in resolving all types of software, hardware, and network issues.
Linux (Redhat/Ubuntu), Windows Server, AWS.
Monitoring, Deployment & Projects
Jira, Splunk, Chef, Nagios, Zabbix, AlertSite, TestRail.
Management & Consultancy
Team Lead, Partner Support, Licensing & Reporting, Budgeting, Agile Projects.
In my spare time I have written novels, created board and video games,
and enjoy cycling.